Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Just Another Game Convention

I had the pleasure of visiting JAGC in Corvallis, OR this past Saturday and it was a wonderful experience. The convention ran for from 10 am Saturday to to 10 pm Sunday evening, unfortunately I had to work Sunday so I could only stay through Saturday. The venue was an Elk lodge which was awesome, There were three large rooms we had access to. One for the Return to Ravinca draft. One for demos, table top gaming, and a few vendor tables. The last room had about five consoles setup in it.

I got to playtest some local board games that are still in production. Both games I got to playtest, Ruse and Mass Victory, where excellent. Ruse is a steampunk murder mystery card game and Mass Victory is a Sci-fi race for resources. I'll write a larger post on both games later this week. Ruse is being made by Bonsai Games and Mass Victory is being made by the same guy who makes Sunstone games. Ruse will be on Kickstarter in the next two months. I don't recall the exact time frame for Mass Victory, I believe it is going to be kickstarted in the next two months as well.

Other than playtesting I got to connect with the Warmachine guys from the friendly neighborhood local game store, which was nice because I'm looking forward to getting back into Warmachine and Hordes. I haven't played since before MKII came out so I need to get used to the changes. I have a small Retribution army and a larger Circle army. I'm still in the process of getting my armies painted, I'm about 25% of the way through the Ret army and about 90% through the Circle army.

I also go to hang out and play some Cards Against Humanity and a few other games. I hadn't gotten to visit the local game shop since moving here so it was great to meet people and make some connections. It was a great convention, I was thrilled to be able to go and I'm looking forward to next years convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment